If you have any questions or would like more information on making a planned gift with the Mission, please contact our Director of Development, Rosalyn Forbes. She may be reached by phone at (215) 922-6440 ext. 1005 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Bequest?
A bequest is the act of giving property in a will.
How Do You Make a Bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission as part of your estate plan.
Your Bequest Options
- Gift of a percentage of your estate
- Gift of a specific dollar amount or asset
- Gift from the balance or residue of your estate
Charitable Gift Annuity
How it Works
- A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission.
- You transfer property to Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- A portion of your income stream may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift of the remainder to Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission and the satisfaction of furthering our mission.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
If you desire current income, you may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive a current income tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift to Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission.
Gift of Retirement Assets
Leave your retirement assets to us
Did you know that 50%-60% of your retirement assets may be taxed if you leave them to your heirs at your death? Another option is to leave your heirs assets that receive a step up in basis (such as real estate and stock) and give the retirement assets to Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission. As a charity, we are not taxed upon receiving an IRA or other retirement plan assets.
Making a Bequest of Your Retirement Assets
A retirement asset, such as an IRA account, makes an excellent bequest to us. If the IRA were given to your family, much of the value may be lost through estate and income taxes. By designating Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission as the beneficiary of all or part of your IRA (using a beneficiary designation form provided by your custodian), the full value of the gift is transferred tax-free at your death and your estate receives an estate tax charitable deduction.